Hotel Alte Post
Small, cosy and charming: this is what the Hotel Alte Post in the heart of Davos Platz stands for. The history of this small hotel is noticeable in the elaborately painted Graubünden-style façade. The rustic rooms and the plentiful breakfast buffet ensure optimal relaxation after active days. Skiers and small groups feel very comfortable here. The Jakobshorn and Davos Platz railway station are only a two-minute walk away. So, nothing stands in the way of excursions or a day’s skiing on the mountain.
All Mountain Hotels offer the Dining Experience - so you can enjoy a different restaurant every night!
Small and fine
Perfect for skiers and small groups
From the Hotel Alte Post, nothing stands in the way of adventures in the Grisons mountains. Hikers appreciate this central location as a starting point for tours of every level of difficulty. Skiers and small groups enjoy the simplicity. A day of skiing on the mountain, a delicious dinner in the hotel's own Alte Post restaurant and then exploring Davos' nightlife. There is a lot to experience!
Small, charming hotel
- Perfect for skiers and small groups
- Close to the Jakobshorn valley station and Davos Platz railway station
- Charming and cosy ambience
- In-house restaurant and bar
Cosy living in the Hotel Alte Post
The Hotel Alte Post has 18 cosy rooms. All single, double and triple rooms have a TV, shower/toilet and hairdryer. In addition, three single rooms are also equipped with a shower in the room and toilet on the same floor.
Restaurant Alte Post
Good food inhouse
In the Alte Post restaurant, fans of special fondues and delicious pizzas will find just what they are looking for! The charming Stübli invites you to linger: How about a cordon bleu or truffle fondue? If you have never had one before then now is the time! The restaurant is open in winter from Monday to Saturday from 4.30pm.
The Hotel Alte Post is located in the heart of Davos Platz on the Postplatz and close to the Davos Platz railway station and the Jakobshorn valley station. This makes it ideal for arriving by public transport. The hotel is easily accessible by car or train all year round. For guests arriving by car, there are free (summer only) and paying public parking spaces in front of the hotel.
- Internet access
- Smokers area / Cigarette Lounge
- Holiday / vacation
- Winter sports / Ski
Payment optionsEC-Direkt, VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Postcard, V-Pay, Reka-Pay, Twint
CancellationCancellation free of charge:
• All direct bookings up to 15 days before arrival for individual trips. For group tours separate conditions apply according to confirmations.
• At any time upon presentation of doctor's certificate for Covid-19 illness or official quarantine request with letter of confirmation.
• In the event of an officially mandated lock-down for reservations not made or refund in proportion for travel made.
• Cancellation guarantee applies to all accommodations for all direct bookings made by phone, email or website until further notice.
• For no-shows or cancellations 100% of the arrangement will be charged.
• The conclusion of a cancellation insurance by the guest is additionally recommended.
Check-InIn winter from 16.00 p.m.
Check-OutUntil 11.00 a.m.
Children and extra bedsWe will be glad to inform you about children's prices and extra beds by mail or phone.
Please be aware and ask about the parking possibilities when you arrive at the reception.
The hotel has a car park for hotel guests. Please note that we can neither pre-book nor guarantee these parking spaces. Our reception team will always try to help you. The car park costs CHF 10.00 per night, the underground parking spaces in the Silvetretta car park (Coop) CHF 15.00 per night. There is a strict overnight parking ban in public car parks in Davos.
PetsThere are no pets allowed.
Contact & Location
Overview rooms & prices
Available offers incl. lift ticket
Davos Klosters Premium Card