Hotel Alte Post
Small, cosy and charming: this is what the Hotel Alte Post in the heart of Davos Platz stands for. The history of this small hotel is noticeable in the elaborately painted Graubünden-style façade. The rustic rooms and the plentiful breakfast buffet ensure optimal relaxation after active days. Skiers, hikers and small groups feel very comfortable here. In addition, the Jakobshorn and Davos Platz railway station are only a two-minute walk away. So, nothing stands in the way of excursions or a day’s skiing on the mountain.
The highlight: When booking with a mountain railway ticket, you get a discount on your hotel stay!
Tip: In the Alte Post restaurant, fans of special fondues and delicious pizzas will find just what they are looking for! The charming Stübli invites you to linger: How about a cordon bleu or truffle fondue? If you have never had one before then now is the time! The restaurant is open in winter from Monday to Saturday from 4.30pm.
Covid-19 Update: All Mountain Hotels bookings include a Covid-19 cancellation guarantee.
Mountain Hotels Dining Experience: We are taking care for your culinary needs! The restaurants in the Mountain Hotels are open exclusively for our guests. We offer a wide variety of culinary delights, so cou can enjoy something new every day. Please book a table in advance. Due to the current Covid-19 restrictions, there are less tables available. You can order a packed lunch for CHF 15.00 at the reception until 18.00 p.m. the night before, to enjoy a snack on the ski slopes.
Small and fine
Perfect for skiers and hikers
From the Hotel Alte Post, nothing stands in the way of adventures in the Grisons mountains. Hikers appreciate this central location as a starting point for tours of every level of difficulty. Skiers and small groups enjoy the simplicity. A day of skiing on the mountain, a delicious dinner in the hotel's own Alte Post restaurant and then exploring Davos' nightlife. There is a lot to experience!
Cosy living in the Hotel Alte Post
The Hotel Alte Post has 18 cosy rooms. All single, double and triple rooms have a TV, shower/toilet and hairdryer. In addition, three single rooms are also equipped with a shower in the room and toilet on the same floor.
Small, charming hotel
- Perfect for skiers and hikers
- Close to the Jakobshorn valley station and Davos Platz railway station
- Charming and cosy ambience
- In-house restaurant and bar
The Hotel Alte Post is located in the heart of Davos Platz on the Postplatz and close to the Davos Platz railway station and the Jakobshorn valley station. This makes it ideal for arriving by public transport. The hotel is easily accessible by car or train all year round. For guests arriving by car, there are free (summer only) and paying public parking spaces in front of the hotel.
- Internet access
- Smokers area / Cigarette Lounge
- Holiday / vacation
- Winter sports / Ski
- Complimentary newspaper
Payment optionsEC-Direkt, VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Postcard, V-Pay, Reka-Pay, Twint
CancellationCancellation free of charge:
• All direct bookings up to 7 days prior to arrival for individual and group travel.
• At any time upon presentation of doctor's certificate for Covid-19 illness or official quarantine request with letter of confirmation.
• In the event of an officially mandated lock-down for reservations not made or refund in proportion for travel made.
• Cancellation guarantee applies to all accommodations for all direct bookings made by phone, email or website until further notice.
• Rebookings may be made at any time as an alternative to cancellation, subject to availability.
• Cancellations less then 7 days prior to arrival will be charged 100% of the arrangement.
• For no-shows or cancellations 100% of the arrangement will be charged.
• The conclusion of a cancellation insurance by the guest is additionally recommended.
Check-InIn summer from 15.00 p.m.
In winter from 16.00 p.m.
Check-OutUntil 11.00 a.m.
Children and extra bedsWe will be glad to inform you about children's prices and extra beds by mail or phone.
Please be aware and ask about the parking possibilities when you arrive at the reception.
The hotel has a car park for hotel guests. Please note that we can neither pre-book nor guarantee these parking spaces. Our reception team will always try to help you. The car park costs CHF 10.00 per night, the underground parking spaces in the Silvetretta car park (Coop) CHF 15.00 per night. There is a strict overnight parking ban in public car parks in Davos.
PetsThere are no pets allowed.
Contact & Location
Overview rooms & prices
Cancellation guarantee: until 7 days before arrival free of charge
Available offers incl. lift ticket
Davos Klosters Premium Card