Trail running in Davos Klosters
Trail running is the latest trend sport. No wonder! It combines exercise, balance training, adventure, and variety all in one activity. Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced runner: In Davos Klosters, everyone finds a suitable trail.
What’s trail running? The activity combines running and hiking on unpaved trails. Speed doesn’t take priority in this case. Instead, it’s all about skill, balance, and variety. That’s why the sport enjoys increasing popularity with sports enthusiasts of all ages. It doesn't matter whether you explore the beautiful mountain world at a more leisurely pace and equipped with poles or run on high-alpine trails with spectacular views: Davos Klosters Mountains offers plenty of variety for any type of trail runner!
New in Davos Klosters Red Bull Ridges
The "Red Bull Ridges" are breathtaking trails on the most beautiful mountain ridges in Switzerland. In Davos Klosters, you can now discover the region's "ridges" on three routes. Spectacular trails await you on the Jakobshorn, Parsenn and Rinerhorn.
At the Trailrunning Challenge you can compete with professionals like Judith Wyder and Rémi Bonnet. The trails were run by the athletes and the time is stored on Strava. Are you faster? The Trailrunning Challenge runs from 1. August to 30. September 2021
700 km Trails
The ideal landscape for every trail runner
Davos Klosters is very popular for trail running. The variety of experiences allows different training for every level. Here you will find an overview of the offer.
There are several recommended trail running routes in Davos Klosters – from easy to challenging – on which you can train. The various trails are accessible for beginners and advanced hikers from June to October. On the trail running map you will find an overview of the routes.
Several trail running camps are held in the region, which let you optimally train for the sport. They cover all the basics and help you create a foundation, on which you can then build on as you train independently after you’ve completed the camp.
In summer, numerous events for trail runners take place in the region. Such as the trail running camps for beginners as well as the SwissAlpine and the Vertical event for advanced runners. There is a lot to experience!
Some of the Mountain Hotels and Resorts are perfect for trail runners. Whether you stay in your own flat with kitchen in the Parsenn Resort or you enjoy hotel service in the Hotel Strela, the offers of these accommodation establishments are optimally geared to the needs of athletes – especially, regarding recovery, food and fitness.
You would like to get running shoes, poles or hydration packs? Our sports shops offer everything beginners need.
Trail running highlights
On our mountains
Vertical Davos Jakobshorn
Vertical – 1,000 metres of elevation gain
Sounds like a challenge? It is! And yet, the Vertical in Davos provides perfect conditions for beginners and advanced runners. Whether you tackle it at a leisurely pace and equipped with poles or more briskly as a form of interval training – you’ll quickly understand why the Vertical is so popular among trail runners.
The route starts at the foot of the Jakobshorn and initially leads you up to the Jschalp intermediate station on forest trails. From there, it continues on narrower trails up to the Jakobshorn’s summit. Once you arrive at the top, you’ll be rewarded with spectacular scenic views and a leisurely ride down into the valley.
High alpine trail davos klosters
The panoramic trail on the peaks on Parsenn offers a lot of variety. From the Weissfluhjoch, the route leads over alpine trails and a ridge towards the Gotschnagrat. From there, you can extend the route and run back to the Höhenweg middle station or take the Gotschna cable car down to the valley. With both options, refreshments await you at the end of the tour.
From Davos Klosters to Prättigau
The multi-day tour is a unique experience for all those who can't get enough of trail running. It combines three destinations in one tour. Plenty of variety, adventure and scenic views are waiting for you …
In the evening, you can relax and unwind at your accommodation. A delicious multi-course dinner and the opportunity for some recovery at the spa are a perfect ending to an eventful day for ambitious trail runners. What’s more, you don't have to worry about your luggage: Leave it at the reception desk in the morning and pick it up at your next accommodation in the evening! It couldn't be any easier.
The route is suitable for trail runners who already have some experience. What a fantastic way to combine your hobby with a multi-day adventure in a spectacular mountain world!
Trail running map
- Jakobshorn Panorama Tour
- Pischa Panorama Hike
- Pischa small round
- Three-day trail: Panorama Trailrun from Davos, Klosters to Prättigau (Stage 1: Davos-Klosters)
- Davos Klosters Bahnentour
- Alps Epic Trail Davos (suitable for E-MTB)
- Gotschna Freeride Trail
- 243 Zügenhüttli-Weg
- 3 mountain railway tour Davos Klosters - Arosa/Lenzerheide - Tschiertschen
- Funi Line
- High-altitude Trail Davos Klosters
- Rinerhorn - Monstein
- Drei Tage Trail: Panorama Trailrun from Davos, Klosters to Prättigau (total route)
- 1K Vertical Davos
- Weissfluhjoch - Rock Trail - Parsenn High Trail
- Rinerhorn - Sertig Dörfli
- Technique Trail - Jakobshorn - Jschalp
- Panorama Trail - Parsenn - Gotschna
- Technique Trail - Jschalp - Jakobshorn valley station
- Jakobshorn – Stadlersee – Jschalp
- Winter hiking trail: Jakobshorn - Stadlersee
- Winter forest - Jschalp - Clavadeleralp - Clavadel
- Family Tour - Rinerhorn mountain station - Rinerhorn valley station
- Pischa - Arvenwald - Dörfji
- Gotschnagrat - Serneuser Schwendi
- Parsenn Weissfluhgipfel - Häupertäli
- Rinerhorn - Juonlimeder
- Pischa - Tschuggen
- Rinerhorn - Nüllisch
- Jakobshorn - Mühle Sertig
- Parsenn - Rapid
- Gotschnaboden - Klosters
- Freeride Learnline Jakobshorn
- Gotschnatrail - circular hike on Gotschnagrat with mountain panorama
- Totalptrail - winter hike in the snow-covered Parsenn
- Dynafit Speedfit Trail
- Pischa - Döfrji
- Brämabüel Bergstation - Jakobshorn - Tälifurgga
- Gotschna Bergstation - Grüenhorn - Parsennfurgga - Weissfluhgipfel
- Bergstation Rinerhorn - Rinerhorngipfel - Rinerhorn Bergstation
- Parsenn Höhenweg – Schiahorn – Parsenn Höhenweg
- Parsenn Höhenweg - Strelapass - Felsenweg - Weissfluhjoch
- Jakobshorn - Jatzhorn - Tälifurgga - Sertig-Dörfli
- Jakobshorn Bergstation – Brämabüel – Speichersee – Jschalp – Davos Platz
- Jakobshorn Bergstation – Stadlersee – Sertig-Dörfli
- Jschalp - Clavadel
- Rinerhorn – Hubelhütte – Abirügg – Rinerhorn
- Gotschna Bergstation - Grüenhorn - Parsennfurgga - Totalp - Gotschna Bergstation
- Rinerhorn mountain station - Hubelhütte - Rinerhorn- Marchhüreli - Rinerhron mountain station
- Jakobshorn - Brämabüel - Jschalp
- Jakobshorn – Brämabüel – Teufi
- Gotschna Bergstation – Signal – Gotschnaboden
- Parsenn Höhenweg – Meierhoftäli – Davoser See
- Gotschna Bergstation – Chalbersäss – Klosters
Accommodations for trail runners
Among the Mountain Hotels and Resorts there are accommodations that ideally fit the needs of trail runners with their offer.
They focus on regeneration and fitness: whether in the Parsenn Resort with your own apartments and kitchen for self-catering or in the Hotel Strela with a rich breakfast and optional packed lunch.
In the evening you can relax in the wellness areas or strengthen your muscles with exercises in the fitness area.